About this book
The Night Sky Companion is far more than just an observing guide. It is a year’s journey into the science and facts of astronomy and space travel, along with some of its history and the men and women who made it. If you’re a sky watcher equipped with any kind of astronomical telescope, binoculars, or even just your eyes, you are sure to find this book fascinating and useful.
Taking a day-by-day look at the sky over the course of the whole year, Tammy Plotner has assembled a digest to appeal to all amateur and practical astronomers, as well as "armchair" astronomers. In this book you’ll find a wealth of information touching upon every aspect of your observations, including hwo to locate the object you’re looking for, whether it’s a meteor shower, a comet, a variable star, a crater on the Moon, or the remnants of a supernova. By the time the year is over, you’ll be an expert on the skies—and ready to tackle yet another year of exciting projects!
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-79509-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-79508-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-79509-6
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Buy this book on publisher's site