Table of contents
About this book
Growing numbers of young people—some 10% to 20% of school-age populations—have mental health problems requiring intervention, and current policy initiatives identify evidence-based therapies as the most effective and relevant forms of treatment. By reviewing evidence-based treatments (EBTs) across a wide spectrum of conditions, the Handbook of Evidence-Based Therapies for Children and Adolescents: Bridging Science and Practice closes the gaps between children’s needs and services as well as those between research, training, and practice,
Several EBT options, both proved and promising, are offered for each covered disorder and are bolstered by case examples, tables, and reference lists. Features include chapters on implementation issues such as diversity, family treatment, assessment strategies, and community settings, and step-by-step guidance for the researcher looking to gather empirical support for therapies.
With comprehensive coverage provided by numerous leading experts in the field, this volume covers the broadest range of disorders over the widest pediatric-adolescent age range, including:
- Behavioral disorders, ADHD, aggression, bullying.
- Phobias, panic disorders, school refusal, and anxiety.
- Autism and pervasive developmental disorders.
- Depression, mood disorders, and suicidal behavior.
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Eating disorders and obesity.
With its emphasis on flexibility and attention to emerging issues, the Handbook of Evidence-Based Therapies for Children and Adolescents is essential reading for anyone who works to address the mental health needs of children, including clinical child, school, and counseling psychologists; clinical social workers; and child psychiatrists as well as advanced-graduate level students in these and other related fields.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-73691-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-73690-7
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-73691-4
- Series Print ISSN 1574-0471
- Buy this book on publisher's site