About this book
The The Night Sky Companion is far more than just an observing guide. It is a year’s journey into the science and facts of astronomy and space travel, along with some of its history and the and the men and women who made it. If you’re a sky watcher equipped with any kind of astronomical telescope, binoculars, or even just your eyes, you are sure to find this book absolutely fascinating.
Taking a day-by-day look at the sky over the course of the whole year, Tammy Plotner has assembled a digest to appeal to all astronomers and would-be astronomers. Turn these pages and you’ll find observing recommendations – including how to locate the object you’re looking for – along with a wealth of information touching on every aspect of your observation.
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a meteor shower, nebula, double star, variable star, lunar crater, or even the Sun: if it’s an interesting feature of the 2008 – 2009 observing year, you'll find it here!
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-71609-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-71608-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-71609-1
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- About this book