About this book
Collaborative Engineering: Theory and Practice offers insights into the methods and techniques involved in implementing a systematic approach to the integrated, concurrent design of products and related processes, including manufacturing, product service and support. The approach discussed here will help developers consider all elements of the product life cycle from conception through disposal, including quality, cost, schedule, and user requirements.
Drawing upon years of practical experience and the collective knowledge of a distinguished list of contributors, Ali Kamrani and Emad Abouel Nasr, provide a state-of-the-art discussion on collaborative engineering and discuss the following:
- Requirements for an open and collaborative manufacturing environment and the tools and techniques needed
- Template-based integrated product development cycles
- Six Sigma as a methodology to manage quality control within a given production cycle
- Supply Chain Workflow Modeling
- CAD, CIM and Rapid manufacturing
- Simulation based optimization techniques
- Manufacturing complexity analysis
Collaborative Engineering: Theory and Practice is a must have book for industrial engineers in both industry and academia who specialize in product development and supply chain management.