About this book
Physical Design Essentials explains the basic steps required in the physical design of Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs). The subject matter presentation follows the industry-common ASIC physical design flow.
Topics covered include:
- Basic standard cell design, transistor-sizing, and layout styles
- Linear, non-linear, and polynomial characterization
- Physical design constraints and floor planning styles
- Algorithms used for placement
- Clock tree synthesis
- Algorithms used for global and detailed routing
- Parasitic extraction
- Functional timing and physical methods of verification
- Testing Techniques
Physical Design Essentials is written for professional design engineers who need to be conversant with all aspects of ASIC design implementation: device processes, library development, place-and-route algorithms, verification, and testing.