About this book
The important and engaging book encourages counsellors, psychotherapists, pastoral care workers and others involved in the helping professions to consider the significance of spirituality and spiritual experiences both for their clients and for the practice of therapy.
Drawing on the author's wide experience of researching, teaching and practicing therapy and spirituality within therapeutic, healing, religious and educational settings, it addresses:
- the challenge of being present to our clients' spirituality and spiritual issues
- making sense of psychospiritual therapeutic practice
- cross-cultural work including learning from traditional healing
- how to research therapy and spirituality
- the implications of this emerging way of working with clients which the author refers to as 'soul attending'
Students and practitioners will find this book both thought-provoking and inspiring, but ultimately highly practical and as such an essential practice companion.
exceptionalcounselling counseling counselling Encounter psychotherapy Therapeut therapy