About this book
Reliable methods for monitoring and assessing soil quality are a prerequisite for successful soil bioremediation projects. The fifth volume of Soil Biology presents detailed descriptions of selected methods for evaluating, monitoring and assessing bioremediation treatments of soils contaminated with organic pollutants or heavy metals.
Traditional soil investigation techniques, including chemical, physical and microbiological methods, are complemented by the most suitable modern methods, such as the use of bioreporter technology, immunological, ecotoxicological or molecular assays. Feasibility studies for bioremediation treatments complete the manual. Easy-to-follow protocols with step-by-step procedures, lists of the required equipment and reagents as well as notes on the evaluation and quality control allow immediate application. Short introductions to the principles and objectives help to assess the field of application of each procedure.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-28904-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-25346-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-28904-3
- Series Print ISSN 1613-3382
- Buy this book on publisher's site