Table of contents
About this book
Although modern location theory is now more than 90 years old, the focus of researchers in this area has been mainly problem oriented. However, a common theory, which keeps the essential characteristics of classical location models, is still missing.
This monograph addresses this issue. A flexible location problem called the Ordered Median Problem (OMP) is introduced. For all three main subareas of location theory (continuous, network and discrete location) structural properties of the OMP are presented and solution approaches provided. Numerous illustrations and examples help the reader to become familiar with this new location model.
By using OMP classical results of location theory can be reproved in a more general and sometimes even simpler way. Algorithms enable the reader to solve very flexible location models with a single implementation. In addition, the code of some algorithms is available for download.
- Book Title Location Theory
- Book Subtitle A Unified Approach
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-27640-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-24321-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-06357-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-27640-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 437
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Regional and Cultural Studies
Operations Research/Decision Theory
Operations Research, Management Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site