About this book
A coherent summary of 6 years’ research work at the ZKM Institute for Basic Research in Karlsruhe. Motto of the research, set between art and science, was "performative science”, a new research method that methodologically complements the natural sciences by means of a performative-artistic procedure. The book offers a theoretical, praxis-motivated discourse on the topic, strongly orientated towards philosophical hermeneutics but consisting to a great degree of concrete examples of application such as brain modelling, chaos research, artificial life and artificial intelligence. It provides a methodological bridge between science and art.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-211-38211-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag/Wien 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- Print ISBN 978-3-211-33357-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-211-38211-0
- About this book