About this book
This research monograph presents basic foundational aspects for a theory of statistics with fuzzy data, together with a set of practical applications. Fuzzy data are modeled as observations from random fuzzy sets. Theories of fuzzy logic and of random closed sets are used as basic ingredients in building statistical concepts and procedures in the context of imprecise data, including coarse data analysis. The monograph also aims at motivating statisticians to look at fuzzy statistics to enlarge the domain of applicability of statistics in general.
HUNG T. NGUYEN is a professor of Mathematical Sciences at New Mexico State University, USA.
BERLIN WU is a professor of Mathematical Sciences at National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/11353492
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-31695-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-31697-8
- Series Print ISSN 1434-9922
- Series Online ISSN 1860-0808
- About this book