Table of contents
About this book
This monograph, divided into four parts, presents a comprehensive treatment and systematic examination of cycle spaces of flag domains. Assuming only a basic familiarity with the concepts of Lie theory and geometry, this work presents a complete structure theory for these cycle spaces, as well as their applications to harmonic analysis and algebraic geometry.
* Accessible to readers from a wide range of fields, with all the necessary background material provided for the nonspecialist
* Many new results presented for the first time
* Driven by numerous examples
* The exposition is presented from the complex geometric viewpoint, but the methods, applications and much of the motivation also come from real and complex algebraic groups and their representations, as well as other areas of geometry
* Comparisons with classical Barlet cycle spaces are given
* Good bibliography and index
Researchers and graduate students in differential geometry, complex analysis, harmonic analysis, representation theory, transformation groups, algebraic geometry, and areas of global geometric analysis will benefit from this work.