About this book
This book is devoted to the recent progress on the turnpike theory. The turnpike property was discovered by Paul A. Samuelson, who applied it to problems in mathematical economics in 1949. These properties were studied for optimal trajectories of models of economic dynamics determined by convex processes. In this monograph the author, a leading expert in modern turnpike theory, presents a number of results concerning the turnpike properties in the calculus of variations and optimal control which were obtained in the last ten years. These results show that the turnpike properties form a general phenomenon which holds for various classes of variational problems and optimal control problems. The book should help to correct the misapprehension that turnpike properties are only special features of some narrow classes of convex problems of mathematical economics.
This book is intended for mathematicians interested in optimal control, calculus of variations, game theory and mathematical economics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-28154-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-28155-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-28154-4
- Series Print ISSN 1571-568X
- Buy this book on publisher's site