About this book
From the reviews of the first edition:
".... The book is a first class textbook and seems to be indispensable for everybody who has to teach combinatorial optimization. It is very helpful for students, teachers, and researchers in this area. The author finds a striking synthesis of nice and interesting mathematical results and practical applications. ... the author pays much attention to the inclusion of well-chosen exercises. The reader does not remain helpless; solutions or at least hints are given in the appendix. Except for some small basic mathematical and algorithmic knowledge the book is self-contained. ..."
Mathematical Reviews 2002
This thoroughly revised new edition offers a new chapter on the network simplex algorithm and a section on the five color theorem. Moreover, numerous smaller changes and corrections have been made and several recent developments have been discussed and referenced.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b138283
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-21905-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-26908-3
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1550
- Buy this book on publisher's site