Table of contents
About this book
Doubled haploid technology is an important tool for plant breeding. It allows for significant time reduction in the achievement of homozygous breeding lines of value in crop improvement.
This volume provides an excellent overview of haploid induction and the application of doubled haploids. The authors emphasize advances made in the understanding of microspore embryogenesis, but treat also advances in gynogenesis and the manipulation of parthenogenetic haploid development.
The text contains a thorough discussion of the application of haploidy to the improvement of a number of species from various families, including Brassicaceae, Poaceae, and Solanaceae. The various methods applicable to these species are described in detail. Each chapter contains critical evaluation of the scientific literature and an extensive list of references. This volume is ideally suited for plant breeders, geneticists, and plant cell biologists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b138240
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-22224-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-26889-5
- Series Print ISSN 0934-943X
- Buy this book on publisher's site