About this book
Integral Closure gives an account of theoretical and algorithmic developments on the integral closure of algebraic structures. These are shared concerns in commutative algebra, algebraic geometry, number theory and the computational aspects of these fields. The overall goal is to determine and analyze the equations of the assemblages of the set of solutions that arise under various processes and algorithms. It gives a comprehensive treatment of Rees algebras and multiplicity theory - while pointing to applications in many other problem areas. Its main goal is to provide complexity estimates by tracking numerically invariants of the structures that may occur.
This book is intended for graduate students and researchers in the fields mentioned above. It contains, besides exercises aimed at giving insights, numerous research problems motivated by the developments reported.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b137713
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-25540-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-26503-0
- Series Print ISSN 1439-7382
- Buy this book on publisher's site