About this book
Since the first edition of Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach was published in 2002, GRASS has undergone major improvements. This second edition includes numerous updates related to the new development; its text is based on the GRASS 5.3 version from December 2003. Besides changes related to GRASS 5.3 enhancements, the introductory chapters have been re-organized, providing more extensive information on import of external data. Most of the improvements in technical accuracy and clarity were based on valuable feedback from readers.
Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach, Second Edition, provides updated information about the use of GRASS, including geospatial modeling with raster, vector and site data, image processing, visualization, and coupling with other open source tools for geostatistical analysis and web applications. A brief introduction to programming within GRASS encourages new development. The sample data set used throughout the book has been updated and is available on the GRASS web site. This book also includes links to sites where the GRASS software and on-line reference manuals can be downloaded and additional applications can be viewed.
Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach, Second Edition is designed for a professional audience, composed of researchers and practitioners in government and industry. This book is also suitable as a secondary text for graduate-level students in geomatics, computer science and geosciences.
- Book Title Open Source GIS: A Grass GIS Approach
- Series Title The International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b106573
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-8064-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4757-8079-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4020-8065-4
- Series ISSN 0893-3405
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXIX, 403
- Number of Illustrations 70 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Geographical Information Systems/Cartography
- Buy this book on publisher's site