About this book
This book, a result of the authors’ teaching and research experience in various universities and institutes over the past ten years, can be used as a textbook for an optimization course for graduates and senior undergraduates. It systematically describes optimization theory and several powerful methods, including recent results. For most methods, the authors discuss an idea’s motivation, study the derivation, establish the global and local convergence, describe algorithmic steps, and discuss the numerical performance. The book deals with both theory and algorithms of optimization concurrently. It also contains an extensive bibliography with 366 references. Finally, apart from its use for teaching, Optimization Theory and Methods is also very beneficial for doing research.
This book is intended for senior students, graduates, teachers, and researchers in optimization, operations research, computational mathematics, applied mathematics, and some engineering and economics. It will also be useful for scientists in engineering and economics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b106451
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-24975-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-24976-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site