About this book
Steriade and McCarley have done a sterling job of bringing together much of what is relevant (and some of what is not) into a present-day light...The book is rich in references and leaves no aspect of the problem untouched. The morphological, pharmacological, physiological and mathematical modeling aspects of different components of the subject are treated to exhaustion...the book is richly illustrated and down-right comprehensive. It will delight those interested in the field, will inform those who need a context for their research efforts and is a must for graduate and medical libraries.
-Reprinted from Neuroscience, Vol. 42, No. 2, R.R. Llinas, Book Reviews, pp. 613-615, Copyright 1991, with permssion from Elsevier.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b102230
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-306-48714-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-26270-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site