About this book
The volume develops a thorough theory of singular fibers of generic differentiable maps. This is the first work that establishes the foundational framework of the global study of singular differentiable maps of negative codimension from the viewpoint of differential topology. The book contains not only a general theory, but also some explicit examples together with a number of very concrete applications.
This is a very interesting subject in differential topology, since it shows a beautiful interplay between the usual theory of singularities of differentiable maps and the geometric topology of manifolds.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b100393
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-23021-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-44648-4
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- About this book