About this book
LOGICAL DATA MODELING: What It Is and How To Do IT is directed toward three groups of people: (1) Business subject matter experts, (2) information technology professionals, (3) advanced students in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and e-Business. Its purpose is to outline the basics of logical data modeling—specifically, data modeling for relational database management systems—in simple, practical terms and in a business context. The focus on relational data modeling is consciously made because it is superior in modeling real business activities.
By reading and understanding this book, the enterprise-side project managers should gain enough understanding of data modeling to understand the principles and help communicate that understanding to the people who know the business, do the work, and are going to be affected by the system that is being created.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b100064
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-22950-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-22962-1
- Series Print ISSN 1571-0270