Table of contents
About this book
It is broadly accepted that the dynamism of humanity’s responses to our evolving scientific, social and environmental needs depends on our creativity, and this volume reflects the multiplicity of perspectives in the theory and practice of creativity. It examines the central issues that animate the themes of creativity, talent development and excellence in schools and in the workplace, as well as analysing their related socio-cultural activities and processes. Forged in the workshops of a number of conferences and symposia, this collection represents in itself a creative partnership between European and Asian academics. Thus it includes contributions from various cultural and organizational settings, as well as chapters that enhance our conceptual models of creativity in both learning and teaching.
The contributing authors recognize that exploring the nature of creativity necessitates a new paradigm in research and praxis in which integration, collaboration, and the synthesis of knowledge and expertise are key factors. Their chapters detail the results of studies relating to to creativity, talent, school excellence, team and goal setting, innovation and organizational excellence, resilience, self-regulation, and personal epistemology. Clearly defined sections take on discrete aspects of the topic that include a vital assessment of the challenges that lie ahead in fostering the creativity, talent and excellence of the young and in doing so, allowing them to play a positive and innovative role in a variety of social contexts.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Creativity, Talent and Excellence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-4021-93-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-4021-92-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-4560-93-1
- eBook ISBN 978-981-4021-93-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XLVIII, 280
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Early Childhood Education
Learning & Instruction
- Buy this book on publisher's site
'The evolution of research on the interface between creativity and culture now continues with the 2012 publication of Creativity, Talent and Excellence. As evidenced by the chapters in the present volume, whether their focus is on the classroom or the workplace, scholars from around the globe are showing an exciting and newfound commitment to the construction of models that best capture the development and cultivation of creativity in their own nations.'
– Professor Beth Hennessey, Weselley College, USA
'We would like to express gratitude to the editor and authors of this volume who give us an opportunity to think around some essential issues of creativity. Other readers may have same experiences like us from different points of view.'
– Professor (emeritus) Akio Kikuchi, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan.