About this book
This book places a current topic—energy transition—within the historical background of human social development and explores the value and significance of energy transition for economic transition in the course of economic growth. It sheds light on the basic logic and the distinguishing characteristics of energy transition by reviewing the history of energy transition development in order to provide a new perspective for understanding and analyzing China's energy transition considering lessons from the German and American energy transition experiences. This book will be of interest to environmentalists, economists, and journalists.
Tong Zhu is Director and associate research fellow at Energy Economic Research Office, Institute of Industrial Economics of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, China, supervisor of master students of industrial economics, MBA supervisor at Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and special research fellow at the China Society of Economic Reform.
Lei Wang is associate research fellow at Energy Economic Research Office, Institute of Industrial Economics of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, China.
Energy Policy Green China Comparative Politics Energy Transitions Political Economy
- Book Title State Energy Transition
- Book Subtitle German and American Realities and Chinese Choices
- Series Title The Great Transformation of China
- Series Abbreviated Title The Great Transformation of China
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9499-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-32-9498-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-32-9501-8
- eBook ISBN 978-981-32-9499-8
- Series ISSN 2509-6001
- Series E-ISSN 2509-601X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXIV, 389
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 96 illustrations in colour
Energy Policy, Economics and Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site