Table of contents
About this book
This book also describes the role of quorum sensing in survival behavior and antibiotic resistance in bacteria. Further, it reviews the major role played by quorum sensing in food spoilage, biofilm formation, and food-related pathogenesis. It also explores the methods for the detection and quantification of quorum sensing signals. It also presents antimicrobial and anti-quorum sensing activities of medicinal plants. Finally, the book elucidates a comprehensive yet representative description of basic and applied aspects of quorum sensing inhibitors.
This book serves an ideal guide for researchers to understand the implications of quorum sensing in the food industry, medicine, and agriculture.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9409-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-32-9408-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-32-9409-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site