About this book
This inspiring book looks at the theory and practice of China’s foreign aid in Africa, especially in the area of healthcare in Uganda. It provides insights into how recipient countries and regions are selected, and describes in detail how the men and women working in the frontlines deliver aid. Information from past research, participant observations, interviews and other fieldwork are brought together to form a comprehensive picture of how Chinese development aid for health to Uganda has evolved over three decades, how it is carried out now, and the significance of such milestones as the building of the China-Uganda Friendship Hospital. The author also compares and contrasts China’s foreign aid with that from other countries.
Zeqi Qiu is a Professor at Peking University, China.
Chinese Development Aid One Belt, One Road China and Africa Chinese Foreign Policy Developing World Economies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9308-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-32-9307-6
- Online ISBN 978-981-32-9308-3
- Series Print ISSN 2523-7209
- Series Online ISSN 2523-7217
- Buy this book on publisher's site