Table of contents
About this book
Rampant industrialization has caused high levels of contamination by various toxic chemicals in our water bodies, which is a matter of concern in terms of ecosystems, as well as human and animal health. Polluted wastewater can contaminate drinking water and is also is a causal factor for bio-magnification of heavy metals into our food cycle. In the last decade, several methodologies have been adopted to clean the wastewaters, and among these, microbial remediation has emerged as an effective technology. Several variants of microbial technologies have been developed for wastewater treatment and biodegradation specific to the industry, type of waste and toxicity of the chemicals.
This book describes the recent advances in microbial degradation and microbial remediation of various xenobiotic compounds in soil and wastewater. It also explains various modern microbial technologies for biodegradation and wastewater treatment. It covers various microbial technologies for wastewater treatment, biodegradation, bioremediation and solid waste management. Gathering contributions from leading international it focuses on the status quo in industrial wastewater treatment and its biodegradation.
The book is intended for researchers in the field of industrial wastewater, students of environmental sciences and practitioners in water pollution abatement.
Biodegradation Bioremediation Wastewater treatment Microbial degradation Microbial technology
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Microbial Technology for Health and Environment
Pankaj Kumar Arora
- Series Title Microorganisms for Sustainability
- Series Abbreviated Title Microorganisms f. Sustain.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-2679-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-15-2678-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-15-2681-7
- eBook ISBN 978-981-15-2679-4
- Series ISSN 2512-1901
- Series E-ISSN 2512-1898
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 410
- Number of Illustrations 17 b/w illustrations, 31 illustrations in colour
Waste Water Technology / Water Pollution Control / Water Management / Aquatic Pollution
Industrial Pollution Prevention
- Buy this book on publisher's site