About this book
This book presents recent developments in statistical methodologies with particular relevance to applications in forestry and environmental sciences. It discusses important methodologies like ranked set sampling, adaptive cluster sampling, small area estimation, calibration approach-based estimators, design of experiments, multivariate techniques, Internet of Things, and ridge regression methods. It also covers the history of the implementation of statistical techniques in Indian forestry and the National Forest Inventory of India.
The book is a valuable resource for applied statisticians, students, researchers, and practitioners in the forestry and environment sector. It includes real-world examples and case studies to help readers apply the techniques discussed. It also motivates academicians and researchers to use new technologies in the areas of forestry and environmental sciences with the help of software like R, MATLAB, Statistica, and Mathematica.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1476-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-1475-3
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-1476-0
- Series Print ISSN 2364-6748
- Series Online ISSN 2364-6756
- Buy this book on publisher's site