Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the application of data mining techniques in cricket. It provides detailed examples of how data mining can be helpful for decision-making in sports with special reference to cricket, particularly the quantitative features related to Twenty20 cricket, the latest and the most popular format of the game. The book highlights the performance quantification of cricketers (batsmen, bowlers, all-rounders, and wicket keepers), determining the market valuation of cricketers based on their on-field performances and the effect of age on the performance of the cricketers. It also provides a comprehensive overview of the different aspects of the game where quantitative techniques are beneficial, and highlights the use of statistical and data mining tools in analysing sports-related data and objective decision-making in sports.
The book appeals to a wide readership, including postgraduate students of statistics/mathematics, data analysts, sports management bodies. It also offers data miners, such as researchers in statistics, mathematics, operations research, and computer science ideas for projects.
Cricket Analytics Sports Data Mining Statistics Quantitative Data Analysis Performance Measurement Decision Making in Cricket Multi-variate Data Analysis
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1354-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-1353-4
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-1354-1
- Series Print ISSN 2523-3114
- Series Online ISSN 2523-3122
- Buy this book on publisher's site