About this book
This book is a timely publication to address the issue of the government’s policy execution capabilities. The crux of policy execution is communication to win the hearts and minds of the people, particularly with regard to complex policies. The book is written as a work manual based on international policy communication best practices and principles, interwoven with case studies from Kazakhstan, applicable in other Central Asian countries as well. The book’s wide range of topics cover media management in a technologically-savvy society, marketing of complexity, planning successful campaigns, soft power management given the country’s aspirations for greater international standing, and forward-looking advice on crisis management and shareholder communication. This is a highly relevant book for the civil service, civic organisations, commercial entities, policy researchers, and international organisations working in or planning to work in Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries.
Basskaran Nair, visiting professor at Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan, is the author of Marketing Public Policy: Complexity, Hurts and Minefields (2018).
Saltanat Janenova, with a Ph.D. from the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, has published widely on public sector reforms in Kazakhstan and Central Asian countries.
Balzhan Serikbayeva has worked for ten years in public service in Kazakhstan.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0610-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Singapore
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-0609-3
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-0610-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site