About this book
This book explores the design of optimal trajectories for space maneuver vehicles (SMVs) using optimal control-based techniques. It begins with a comprehensive introduction to and overview of three main approaches to trajectory optimization, and subsequently focuses on the design of a novel hybrid optimization strategy that combines an initial guess generator with an improved gradient-based inner optimizer. Further, it highlights the development of multi-objective spacecraft trajectory optimization problems, with a particular focus on multi-objective transcription methods and multi-objective evolutionary algorithms. In its final sections, the book studies spacecraft flight scenarios with noise-perturbed dynamics and probabilistic constraints, and designs and validates new chance-constrained optimal control frameworks.
The comprehensive and systematic treatment of practical issues in spacecraft trajectory optimization is one of the book’s major features, making it particularly suited for readers who are seeking practical solutions in spacecraft trajectory optimization. It offers a valuable asset for researchers, engineers, and graduate students in GNC systems, engineering optimization, applied optimal control theory, etc.
Spacecraft Trajectory optimization Optimal control Gradient-based approach Heuristic method Optimal guidance Chance constraint
- Book Title Design of Trajectory Optimization Approach for Space Maneuver Vehicle Skip Entry Problems
- Series Title Springer Aerospace Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Aerospace Techn.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9845-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-13-9844-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-9847-6
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-9845-2
- Series ISSN 1869-1730
- Series E-ISSN 1869-1749
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 207
- Number of Illustrations 19 b/w illustrations, 65 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Aerospace Technology and Astronautics
Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control; Optimization
- Buy this book on publisher's site