Table of contents
About this book
This book covers sports-related eye injuries, presenting standard processes to enable clinical practitioners to make appropriate decisions on the management of these patients.
Sports-related activities are responsible for a large percentage of ocular injuries, particularly among young people, and can even lead to blindness. Given the increasing trend in these injuries and the potential functional loss they entail, it is important to understand how to prevent and to accurately diagnose and treat them. This book discusses the definition, etiology, clinical presentations and signs, treatment, and prevention of sports-related eye injuries, and includes typical clinical cases, together with a wealth of images and illustrative figures. Offering a systematic and symptom-based guide to clinical practice, it will help clinical practitioners to fully prepare for the various challenges posed by sports-related eye injuries.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9741-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-9740-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-9741-7
- Series Print ISSN 2523-3157
- Series Online ISSN 2523-3165
- Buy this book on publisher's site