Table of contents
About this book
This book brings researchers from across the world to share their expertise, experience, research and reflections on science education in India to make the trends and innovations visible. The thematic parts of the book discuss science education: overviews across K-16 levels; inclusivity and access for underrepresented and marginalized sections; use of innovations including technology in the teaching; and implications for research, practice, innovation and creativity. The book should be of special interest to researchers, school administrators, curriculum designers and policymakers.A timely compilation for current and future generations of academic researchers, teachers and policymakers who are interested in examining the issues facing one of the largest education systems in the world. The book offers unique insights into contemporary topics such as girls in STEM subjects, curriculum reform and developing a generation of future creative thinkers.
-Professor Vaille Dawson, The University of Western Australia, Australia.
It provides a panorama of challenges in a country of more than 1.3 billion people, 50% being below the age of 25 years. The book arrives at a time in which there are discouraging trends, including a decrease in funding for education. The book chapters are centred on issues that warrant debate to foster awareness of the roles of science education in India and priorities and possibilities for expanding horizons on the road ahead.
-Professor Kenneth Tobin, The City University of New York, New York, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Science Education in India
- Book Subtitle Philosophical, Historical, and Contemporary Conversations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9593-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-13-9592-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-9595-6
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-9593-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXV, 242
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 18 illustrations in colour
Sociology of Education
Philosophy of Education
- Buy this book on publisher's site