Table of contents
About this book
This book asks fundamental questions about the extent to which India is participating in the global shift towards knowledge-based forms of competitiveness. It charts Indian performance and progress using a unique framework benchmarked against fourteen other countries. In the course of the analysis, critical areas for improvement are identified, and the book provides detailed and objective insights for policy makers and researchers to facilitate change and institutional reform in India.
Readers will derive a comprehensive understanding of India’s performance and prospects as it emerges as a serious global economic player. A particular feature of the work is the development of an original knowledge footprint concept that measures the extent and impact of knowledge development and diffusion domestic and internationally.The views expressed in this book are the author’s.
knowledge economy innovation Indian economy economic development business environment digital economy knowledge workers ease of doing business corruption entrepreneurship e-commerce information and communications technology ICT research and development information technology competitive advantage higher education reform digital divide female empowerment Indian diaspora
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9378-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-9377-8
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-9378-5
- Series Print ISSN 2198-0012
- Series Online ISSN 2198-0020
- Buy this book on publisher's site