About this book
The book discusses the basics of aptamers and the advent of aptamer-based technology in recent times. The book covers the diverse applications of aptamers, such as in detection of animal and plant pathogens, disease diagnosis and therapeutics, environmental contamination detection etc. Besides these applications, the book also describes the use of these synthetic or modified DNA, as drug delivery vehicles.
The different chapters describe how the binding capacity and specificity of aptamers can be exploited in various ways. The book also discusses how these attributes of aptamers can outdo the antibody technology in biomedical and diagnostic solutions. This crisp and concise book gives the readers an insight into the most recent biotechnological applications of aptamers.
aptamer oligonucleotides therapeutics SELEX molecular medicine DNA
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8836-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-8835-4
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-8836-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site