Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses the design and practice of environmental resources management for smart cities. Presenting numerous city case studies, it focuses on one specific environmental resource in each city.
Environmental resources are commonly owned properties that require active inputs from the government and the people, and in any smart city their management calls for a synchronous combination of e-democracy, e-governance and IOT (Internet of Things) systems in a 24/7 framework. Smart environmental resources management uses information and communication technologies, the Internet of Things, internet of governance (e-governance) and internet of people (e-democracy) along with conventional resource management tools to achieve coordinated, effective and efficient management, development, and conservation that equitably improves ecological and economic welfare, without compromising the sustainability of development ecosystems and stakeholders.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6822-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-6821-9
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-6822-6
- Series Print ISSN 2198-2546
- Series Online ISSN 2198-2554
- Buy this book on publisher's site