Table of contents
About this book
This book is the product of a team-teaching course entitled, “Issues in Economic Development” offered to the final-year students of Department of Economics and Finance at Hong Kong Shue Yan University. In this volume, the authors comprehensively survey world’s most controversial issues in economic and political affairs. Topics in this volume cover Christianity-Islam confrontation; ISIS and anti-terrorism; North Korea and Taiwan-Strait Crises; China’s rise as a global power; Brexit; Artificial Intelligence; Bitcoin; same sex marriage; global warming; happiness and well-being. This book can be used as a reader or textbook in courses such as “International Political Economy” and “International Development”, or as a reference for scholars and policy makers.
Fu-Lai Tony Yu obtained his PhD from the University of New South Wales. He taught at Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Monash University (Australia) and Feng Chia University (Taiwan). He is currently professor of economics at Hong Kong Shue Yan University. His research interests include entrepreneurship, governmental economics, Austrian economics and Asian business systems.
Diana S. Kwan is currently a project coordinator at Office of Medical Education, the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Her research interests are political philosophy and equal opportunities.
Rise of China Terrorism and Security Alternative Currencies Climate Change The World in 2018
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6462-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-6461-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-6462-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site