Table of contents
About this book
Ultra-precision machining is a promising solution for achieving excellent machined surface quality and sophisticated micro/nano-structures that influence the applications of components and devices. Further, given the ultrathin layer of material removed, it is a highly coupled process between cutting tool and material.
In this book, scientists in the fields of mechanical engineering and materials science from China, Ukraine, Japan, Singapore present their latest research findings regarding the simulation and experiment of material-oriented ultra-precision machining. Covering various machining methods (cutting, grinding, polishing, ion beam and laser machining) and materials (metal, semiconductor and hard-brittle ceramics), it mainly focuses on the evaluation of the fundamental mechanisms and their implementation in processing optimization for different materials. It is of significant theoretical and practical value for guiding the fabrication of ultra-smooth and functional surfaces using ultra-precision machining.
Ultra-Precision Machining Material-Oriented Manufacturing Diamond Cutting Ion Beam Laser Machining Ultra-Smooth Surface Ceramic Ball Hard-Brittle Material Elliptical Vibration Cutting Diamond Dressing Tool Molecular dynamics Diamond micro-sharpening Thermally assisted micro-cutting
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-3335-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-3334-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-3335-4
- Series Print ISSN 2195-9862
- Series Online ISSN 2195-9870
- Buy this book on publisher's site