About this book
This book frames the contentious political disputes surrounding Taiwan within the perspective of neorealist political theory. Analyzing the motives and relative importance that the actors involved bring to bear, Dr. Sang offers a timely intervention and a much-needed reality check on the role that Taiwan plays in structuring US-China-Japan trilateral relations—an issue that will dominate the years to come. This book will be of value to scholars, policymakers, and all those concerned with the future of Taiwan.
Xiaochuan Sang holds a PhD from Ghent University. His research focuses on issues relating to sovereignty, history, and political theory in East Asian nation-state formation.
Cross-Strait Relations Rising China Sovereignty Political Theory Neoclassical Realism
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2892-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-2891-6
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-2892-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site