Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a comprehensive view of the quality of life of older people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds living in Australia.
The book is unique and significant because the descriptions and arguments presented are based on the lived experience and hence provide deep insights into the complexity and dynamics of CALD older migrants. Key areas of exploration include social connectedness and inclusion, post-retirement economic activities, living arrangement and housing choice, practice of care, intergenerational exchange, and life satisfaction. A focus is placed on the diversity of ageing experience. Pathways of ageing are one of the key factors in investigating inter and intra-ethnic commonalities and disparities. The policy and research implications presented will appeal to policy makers, practitioners and researchers.
urban policy city planning regional planning residential mobility studies housing policy Elderly Migration CALD Quality of Life Ethnic Minority Intersectionality Ageing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2796-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Singapore
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-2795-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-2796-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site