Table of contents
About this book
This book is the first comprehensive assessment of the state of low-carbon investments in Asia, analyzing the rationales, mandates and public–private financing activities. Based on the experiences of several regional initiatives wherein public financing is catalyzing private investments in low-carbon infrastructure, this book proposes a framework that can be used as a tool to identify factors that influence private investment decisions and policy instruments that can scale up the private capital.
Placing the Asian economies onto a low-carbon development pathway requires an unprecedented shift in investments. This book addresses this situation by asking questions such as
• What is the central role of private finance in achieving the Paris Agreement targets?
• What key policy levers and risk mitigation can governments use in an effort to unlock the potentials of private capital?
• How can regionally coordinated actions hold significant promise for scaling up private investments?
Low-carbon Energy Systems Low-carbon Economy Private Capital Renewable Energy Clean Energy Green Growth CO2 Emissions Greenhouse Gas Emissions Energy Efficiency Clean Coal Technology Sustainable Development Low-carbon Transition Carbon Capture Fossil Fuels Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Paris Agreement
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Financing for Low-carbon Energy Transition
- Book Subtitle Unlocking the Potential of Private Capital
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8582-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-8581-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-4190-8
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-8582-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 438
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Natural Resource and Energy Economics
Climate Change Management and Policy
- Buy this book on publisher's site