Table of contents
About this book
This book argues that the appropriate application of the principles and practices of corporate governance to organisational portfolio, program, and projects (‘3P’) governance brings about highly engaged, knowledgeable, and effective governance practices, which in turn substantially improves business case success.
The book addresses all three layers of portfolio, program, and project within an integrated governance framework, and it answers the fundamental questions everyone involved in 3P governance must address:
• What governance structures (processes, functions, roles, responsibilities) need to be in place to ensure optimal portfolio investment outcomes?
• How do I know our portfolios, as structured, will deliver expected benefits and value?
• What should senior management be doing, acting in their portfolio governance roles, to deliver great portfolio outcomes?
The book introduces and describes a number of important frameworks and models, designed not just for their practical application, but also to be easily comprehended by senior executives not comfortable with traditional ‘project speak’.
project governance project management organisation project maturity corporate governance program governance portfolio governance project outcomes stakeholder engagement project management office (PMO) organisational governance project sponsor steering committee agile-at-scale business case success leadership theory portfolio, program, project (3P) governance cycle governance framework continual improvement
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7838-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-7837-8
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-7838-5
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8096
- Series Online ISSN 2192-810X
- Buy this book on publisher's site