About this book
The book discusses topics such as tissue engineering to create lineage-specific cells for tissue-specific regeneration; how combination cultures of commensalistic bacteria can help boost immunity; development of functional food from natural products from plant, animal, and microbial sources in the nutraceuticals domain; as well as synthesis and mechanisms in nanomedicine and nanoscaffolds in biomedicine. The studies and discourses described touch upon topics that explore biodiversity for the development of disease models, toxicity studies, developmental studies, and harvesting of bioactive compounds for alternative income generation and poverty alleviation, and as a result, bring about economic and ecologic sustainability.
This multidimensional and multidisciplinary book focuses on tissue-specific targeting by nanodrugs, development of bioengineering formats for cell- based, nutraceutical-based, functional-food-based and antibody-based green therapy designed tackle multifaceted diseases and syndromes.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-5870-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-5869-1
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-5870-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site