About this book
This book addresses the solution of rotating beam free-vibration problems using the finite element method. It provides an introduction to the governing equation of a rotating beam, before outlining the solution procedures using Rayleigh-Ritz, Galerkin and finite element methods. The possibility of improving the convergence of finite element methods through a judicious selection of interpolation functions, which are closer to the problem physics, is also addressed.
The book offers a valuable guide for students and researchers working on rotating beam problems – important engineering structures used in helicopter rotors, wind turbines, gas turbines, steam turbines and propellers – and their applications. It can also be used as a textbook for specialized graduate and professional courses on advanced applications of finite element analysis.
Finite element method Rotating beam Computational method Low order model Numerical method
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1902-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-1901-2
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-1902-9
- Series Print ISSN 1612-1384
- Series Online ISSN 1860-6237
- Buy this book on publisher's site