About this book
This book examines the Facilities Management (FM) of hospitals and healthcare facilities, which are among the most complex, costly and challenging kind of buildings to manage. It presents and evaluates the FM service quality standards in Singapore’s hospitals from the patient’s perspective, and provides recommendations on how to successfully improve FM service quality and achieve higher patient satisfaction. The book also features valuable supplementary materials, including a checklist of 32 key factors for successful facilities management and another checklist of 24 service attributes for hospitals to achieve desirable service quality in connection with facilities management.
The book adopts a unique approach of combining service quality and quality theory to provide a more holistic view of how FM service quality can be achieved in hospitals. It also integrates three instruments, namely the SERVQUAL model, the Kano model and the QFD model to yield empirical results from surveys for implementation in hospitals.
Although the book was written from the perspective of FM service quality for hospitals, the findings and recommendations are also relevant for other non-healthcare sectors where appropriate lessons may also be drawn for FM and service quality in general. It will particularly benefit Quality Managers, Facilities Managers and Hospital Administrators.
- Book Title Service Quality for Facilities Management in Hospitals
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0956-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-0955-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9293-0
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-0956-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 146
- Number of Illustrations 17 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Practice and Hospital Management
Health Care Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site