Table of contents
About this book
This book investigates low-carbon energy system development that integrate economic growth, environmental sustainability and social development. It explores recent developments in the energy markets in emerging economies that highlight the need for strengthening regional cooperation across Asia to sustain energy security and reduce carbon emissions, in particular.
The book discusses how to pursue effective regional cooperation, focusing on both market-based and extra-market mechanisms to complement and augment country level actions. It pays particular attention to the evolving patterns of Asia’s economic cooperation and integration in recent decades, and highlights important lessons and insights that need to be incorporated in the organizing framework.
The book uses scenario settings, meta -policy analysis and varying coefficients stochastic frontier gravity model in assessing progress in various aspects of regional cooperation. It provides a policy analysis program to guide the continued monitoring and assessment of regional cooperation initiatives in achieving low-carbon green growth in the region.
Low-carbon Energy Systems Green Growth Sustainability Carbon Market Energy Security Energy Policy
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Investing on Low-Carbon Energy Systems
- Book Subtitle Implications for Regional Economic Cooperation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0761-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-0760-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9244-2
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-0761-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 496
- Number of Illustrations 11 b/w illustrations, 98 illustrations in colour
Renewable and Green Energy
Climate Change Management and Policy
- Buy this book on publisher's site