Table of contents
About this book
An entire chapter of the book is devoted to considering why leaders should be held responsible for crimes committed by their subordinates, from legal, moral and pragmatic perspectives. The moral responsibility of leaders is translated into criminal liability, and the different domestic models of liability are translated to the international context, in such a way as to appeal to advanced students of ICL, academics, and practitioners who want to understand the complexities of leadership liability in international criminal law today and identify the best way to approach it.
Cassandra Steer is Executive Director of Women in International Security Canada, and Junior Wainwright Fellow at McGill University, Canada. She holds a Ph.D. in Law from the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-6265-171-5
- Copyright Information T.M.C. Asser Press and the author 2017
- Publisher Name T.M.C. Asser Press, The Hague
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology
- Print ISBN 978-94-6265-170-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-6265-171-5
- Series Print ISSN 2352-6718
- Series Online ISSN 2352-6726
- Buy this book on publisher's site