Table of contents
About this book
This book brings together a number of perspectives on how different European states have responded to the phenomenon of football crowd disorder and violence, or “hooliganism”. It applies a comparative legal approach, with a particular focus on civil and human rights, to analyze domestic legislation, policing and judicial responses to the problem of “football hooliganism” in Europe.
Academics and legal professionals from eight different European countries introduce and analyze the different approaches and draw together common themes and problems from their various jurisdictions. They offer insights into the interactions between (domestic) politicians, law enforcers and sports authorities.
The book is important reading for scholars and practitioners in the fields of law, sports law, sociology and criminology, and for all those concerned with questions of law enforcement and human rights. While it perfectly fits the curriculum for postgraduate studies in the fields mentioned, it is also highly recommended as secondary reading for undergraduate students.
Dr. Anastassia Tsoukala is tenured Associate Professor at the University of Paris XI, France. Dr. Geoff Pearson is Senior Lecturer in Criminal Law at the University of Manchester’s Law School, Manchester, United Kingdom. Dr. Peter Coenen was Assistant Professor of Law at Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
Football Hooliganism Human Rights Comparative Law Risk Management Crowd Disorder
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Legal Responses to Football Hooliganism in Europe
Peter T.M. Coenen
- Series Title ASSER International Sports Law Series
- Series Abbreviated Title ASSER International Sports
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-6265-108-1
- Copyright Information T.M.C. Asser press and the authors 2016
- Publisher Name T.M.C. Asser Press, The Hague
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-6265-107-4
- eBook ISBN 978-94-6265-108-1
- Series ISSN 1874-6926
- Series E-ISSN 2215-003X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 178
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
International Sports Law
- Buy this book on publisher's site