About this book
This book offers a valuable resource that allows students, researchers, educators and the general public to learn about proteomics and genomics. Chromosomes form the basis for our genetic heritage and are the code for protein synthesis.
The Human Genome Map was presented in 2002, and the Proteome Sequence Map is currently being created by a global consortia initiative. Proteome and genome building blocks already form the basis of scientific research areas and shape major areas of the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
The book provides background information on and our current understanding of these gene and protein areas, and explains in detail how cutting-edge science is using these resources to develop new medicines and new diagnostics for patient treatment and care. The book will benefit all students and researchers who need a good understanding of genomics and proteomics within the clinical field. Its content is also suitable for a broad readership, including those not specialized in this field.
Dr. Marko-Varga is head of Div. Clinical Protein Science & Imaging at the Biomedical Center, Dept. of Measurement Technology and Industrial Electrical Engineering, Lund University. He’s also Professor at the 1st Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Genomics and Proteomics for Clinical Discovery and Development
- Series Title Translational Bioinformatics
- Series Abbreviated Title Translational Bioinformatics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-9202-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-017-9201-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-024-0743-3
- eBook ISBN 978-94-017-9202-8
- Series ISSN 2213-2775
- Series E-ISSN 2213-2783
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 282
- Number of Illustrations 15 b/w illustrations, 65 illustrations in colour
Computer Appl. in Life Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site