About this book
This concise book fills a gap in the field of tree ecophysiology, delivering a state-of-the-art compendium of current knowledge in physiological ecology of trees with particular emphasis on the significance for adaptation to a future environment. Including contributions on tree and forest health in a changing climate, the contribution of trees to the global carbon cycle and the options for forests and trees to mitigate environmental change, the volume will be a valuable resources for all researchers interested in these issues.
Written by international authorities in the field, each chapter provides a concise introduction to the topic discussed with reference to ‘classical’ key studies. This is then expanded to consider the likely effects of multiple factors leading up to an outlook on scenarios as to how the physiological mechanisms in question are likely to determine success and failure of trees in a future world.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-9100-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-9099-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-9100-7
- Series Print ISSN 1572-5561
- Series Online ISSN 1572-5561
- Buy this book on publisher's site