Table of contents
About this book
Computational intelligence techniques have enjoyed growing interest in recent decades among the earth and environmental science research communities for their powerful ability to solve and understand various complex problems and develop novel approaches toward a sustainable earth. This book compiles a collection of recent developments and rigorous applications of computational intelligence in these disciplines. Techniques covered are divided into three categories - classical intelligence techniques, probabilistic and transforms intelligence techniques, and hybrid intelligence techniques. Further topics given treatment in this volume include meteorology, atmospheric modeling, climate change, water resources engineering, and hydrological modeling.
By linking computational intelligence techniques with earth and environmental science oriented problems, this book promotes synergistic activities among scientists and technicians working in areas such as data mining and machine learning. We believe that a diverse group of academics, scientists, environmentalists, meteorologists, and computing experts with a common interest in computational intelligence techniques within the earth and environmental sciences will find this book to be of great value.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-8642-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-8641-6
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-8642-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site