About this book
This book details a model of consciousness supported by scientific experimental data from the human brain. It presents how the Corollary Discharge of Attention Movement (CODAM) neural network model allows for a scientific understanding of consciousness as well as provides a solution to the Mind-Body problem.
The book provides readers with a general approach to consciousness that is powerful enough to lead to the inner self and its ramifications for the vast range of human experiences. It also offers an approach to the evolution of human consciousness and features chapters on mental disease (especially schizophrenia) and on meditative states (including drug-induced states of mind).
Solving the Mind-Body Problem bridges the gap that exists between philosophers of mind and the neuroscience community, allowing the enormous weight of theorizing on the nature of mind to be brought to earth and put under the probing gaze of the scientific facts of life and mind.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7645-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-7644-9
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-7645-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site